Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I Saw Wind in the Grass

It was super windy at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. Gusts over 40 mph. I had the 300mm f4 on D7000 and put the 10-24mm on the D5000. I didn't want to switch lenses in that wind...guaranteed dust infiltration.

I figured there was no point in setting up the tripod either. Heck, I couldn't even stand still in those gusts. I made the photograph to the right by holding the camera against a part of the bridge. I cranked down the aperture to get a longer shutter speed. It would have been nice to get a stop or two slower but alas I have no 72mm ND filters.

I felt sorry for the egret below. It looked like a real chore to fly against this wind. It was the only large bird I saw flying today.

Flying Egret DSC_0349
Flying Egret DSC_0349
by Mully410 * Images

No comments:

Post a Comment