Thursday, May 19, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I saw Geese...like pretty much every day.

Today I saw geese at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. I pretty much see Canada geese every day in Lake Marsden, unless it's frozen solid. Let me be blunt. I hate geese. They are loud and obnoxious. They crap all over the place and aren't very pretty, in my opinion. However, I almost always shoot them (with my camera). They fly predictably. They are easy to track across the sky and provide great panning practice. Despite my enmity towards them, I occasionally get a shot I like. I really like this shot. They are perfectly silhouetted against the interesting clouds and sunset. What makes me like this shot the most is that I did nothing to it in the digital darkroom. No tweaks on sharpness, contrast, colors or cropping. In fact, all 6 shots I got as this group flew by turned out sharp.

My friend stopped by to chat while I was at the WVA tonight. He is always nice to talk see. I met him because he found my other blog and tracked me down at the viewing area. Kinda like a stalker, I guess. ;-) He's cool though. He loves birds and is fascinated with the former TCAAP property just like me.

The plants are really getting out there now. Here is a shot of nature's nature wire on the barbed-wire fence.

Natures Wire DSC_7696
Nature's Wire DSC_7696
by Mully410 * Images

No comments:

Post a Comment