Friday, May 6, 2011

In the Future at the TCAAP WVA I don't want to see light towers

Sun Pillar DSC_7160
Sun Pillar DSC_7160
by Mully410 * Images

The Minnesota Vikings and Ramsey County Minnesota are colluding to sell us citizens on building a new NFL Stadium.  They plan to locate it on the west side of the old Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant site in Arden Hills.   I hope it doesn't ruin the view at the TCAAP WVA.  I cringe at the thought of dozens of massive light towers off in the distance ruining the sunset.


A new stadium at the old TCAAP site will definitely displace two osprey nests which will have to be destroyed.  The blowing napkins, beer cups and other litter will surely endanger these guys:

Otter with Fish DSC_6333
Otters with Fish DSC_6333
by Mully410 * Images

A stadium on this site might also have these guys reconsidering where they raise their families:

8 Swans
8 Swans
by Mully410 * Images
 (I know this shot is crummy but it was a huge crop from my point-and-shoot camera.)

 I wonder what effect a new stadium near here will have on the endangered Blanding's turtles that live here?

No comments:

Post a Comment