Friday, July 22, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I saw a Dragonfly on Mullein

It was super awful hot at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area this evening. No shade. I was soaked through within minutes.

The heat is good for one thing, dragonflies. There were many out and about tonight. They like to perch on the highest spots so they are easy to see. I used the 300mm f4 so I don't have to get too close but it only focuses down to 12 feet or so. That means I had to crop most of them. The shot on the right is my favorite. There are more in my Flickr stream so click on the photo and use the "newer" and "older" buttons to scroll around.

I also saw a doe in the monarda (aka Bee Balm). Monarda are the purple-ish lavender colored flowers that look like they should be in Whoville.

Doe in Monarda DSC_2418

No comments:

Post a Comment