Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I saw a Buck with a Gigantic Rack

Big Buck DSC_3324 by Mully410 * Images
Big Buck DSC_3324, a photo by Mully410 * Images on Flickr.
The floating bogs on Lake Marsden were all jammed up at the south end today at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. I saw a blob of brown moving along the edge of one of the bogs and quickly focused on it with the 300mm f4. It was a deer. Weird. There really isn't any place for this deer to go and actually I didn't think one could walk around on the bogs. Well, this one did. When I got home and cropped this shot tight and counted at least 10 points. I suspect there are a lot more. Hopefully, I'll see him close up soon.

I also caught a sparrow with a caterpillar of some sort.

Sparrow with Dinner DSC_3201

And some grass:

Limp DSC_3338

And a green heron flew by:

Green Heron DSC_3280

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was a really good day!

    I like the texture of the path under the sparrow.

    ReplyDelete