Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Previously at the TCAAP WVA, I saw a Bike Shadow

Bike Shadow (2) by Mully410 * Images
Bike Shadow (2), a photo by Mully410 * Images on Flickr.
This photo has been accepted for an exhibition of "Bike Art" at a gallery Altered Esthetics in North East Minneapolis. Once I nail down the details, I'll let you all know when and where to show up.

Here is the FB invite to the opening night. The details:

Altered Esthetics’ 6th annual bike art show brings together some of the Twin Cities’ largest communities…artists, cyclists, and those who love both! Join us in creating another amazing exhibit of bike-themed photography, painting, sculpture and interactive art.

Opening Reception
Friday, June 3, 2011 - 7pm-10pm


Artists' Discussion
Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 1pm-3pm
Altered Esthetics
1224 Quincy St NE
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I'll be at the opening reception for sure.  Not sure about the discussion on the 18th.

I made this photograph back on March 27, 2011 2009 with my Sony DSC-W150 point-and-shoot camera. I spent nearly two years with only this camera before I upgraded to the Nikon D5000. I think that helped me hone my photography skills by limiting my options. I was forced to work with what I had. Once I reached the limit of my tools (the point and shoot camera), I was ready to move to something that allowed more control. The same thing happened a year after I got the D5000. I reached the limit of it's capabilities so I upgraded again.

This is a good example that a photograph is made in the mind. The camera is only a tool to capture that vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment