Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yesterday at the TCAAP WVA, I Experimented with Flash

I finally broke down and got an SB-700 Speedlight the other day. I've wanted one for a long time. It was especially difficult not to run out buy one after the Joe McNally/Dave Hobby Flash Bus tour I attended last spring.

My main reason for upgrading my flash was I needed better light (wireless light) on the hummingbirds in my back yard. I also plan to learn more about portrait photography from a friend just in case anyone wants to pay me to do that for them.

I tried a bunch of different ways of lighting the bridge at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. None worked very well. This time of year the big blue stem has great color so I wanted to try and bring that out with a properly exposed sunset in the back ground. I think this shot it fairly decent. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment