Friday, September 2, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I saw a Phoebe Showing Off

I'm not sure what's up with this eastern phoebe, but it's a first for me at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. Many birds use the barbed-wire perch to hunt for bugs. Lately, the phoebes have been most common. This particular bird, for no apparent reason, fanned out its wings for me before flying off.

I also saw some trumpeter swans tonight. Three flew in but only two landed. The third flew off. I wonder if the one that flew off was chasing the other two. I haven't seen the family for a couple weeks now. Hope the cygnet is still growing.

The last item of note from tonight: A putrid smell wafted through all night. It was almost certainly rotten meat. I looked around a bit but didn't see any bodies.

Swan Solo DSC_9288

No comments:

Post a Comment