Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I saw Canada Geese

That's not a typo. Canada Geese is the proper name for these birds. Often people call them Canadian Geese, but that's incorrect. These geese are likely from Minnesota so they'd be American Geese.

I've mentioned this before and I'm going to say it again: "I hate Canada geese." They are loud and obnoxious and their babies are the ugliest baby birds. Still, even though I hate them, I still shoot them when they fly over.  Can't have enough practice with birds in flight.

This summer I've been fortunate that the trumpeter swans have been vigilant in kicking the geese out of Lake Marsden. Here is a shot from last year of a trumpeter chasing about 50 geese out of "his" lake.

Swan chasing lots of geese DSC_2361

No comments:

Post a Comment