Sunday, June 12, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I saw Bluebirds

Actually, I saw all kinds of things today (6-11-2011) at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. I got up early and made a snoot for my flash in an attempt to get some flash on the bluebird house. It's about 30-40 feet away (on the other side of the barbed-wire). I don't think it did much. The shot on the right had no flash. I have to squeeze my lens through a small crack in the gate so a vertical shot would block the flash altogether. Next experiment: Off camera. I'm wary that the off camera cord for the flash will look too much like a snake and I don't want to disturb the birds.

The shot below is with the SB-400 speedlight and my homemade snoot: 

Bluebird Mom DSC_2419

I also saw: Trucks, Planes, Flowers, more Flowers, Loon, lots of Loons, Dragonflies, Butterflies (or moths), a swan in the morning mist and a closeup tree swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment