Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fifteen Egrets Flying DSC_7935
Fifteen Egrets Flying DSC_7935
by Mully410 * Images

It was difficult to chose a photo to represent this evening at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. I settled on this shot of fifteen great egrets flying.  I was waiting for the osprey to bring a fish back from Turtle Lake and got glass on these egrets.  This is the largest flock of egrets I've seen to date.

My second choice for a headline photo is this shot of a river otter.  One of my goals in renting the Nikkor 500mm f/4 VR lens was to get a better shot of the otters in Lake Marsden.  This is the best I've got.  They are really far away so even with the 500, this is a severe crop.

River Otter DSC_7821

It won't make a nice big fine art print, but I like it anyway.

I also got my best green heron flight shot ever, another great blue heron in flight and a nice goldfinch leaving the mullein (my favorite finch shot so far).

Both the Fifteen Egrets and the Goldfinch photos are full resolution (not cropped).  I really going to miss the 500mm when I send it back to lensrentals.com on Monday.  I've already started saving money...

No comments:

Post a Comment