Monday, August 29, 2011

Yesterday at the TCAAP WVA, I saw Wasps

Wasp on Goldenrod DSC_9052
Wasp on Goldenrod
by Mully410 * Images

Last night, I saw wasps at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area.  Lots and lots of wasps.

Wasp Family DSC_9076

They've been building their colony all summer.  Looks pretty successful to me.

For the first time (I always have a first here), I saw three racoons swimming from bog to bog in Lake Marsden.  I thought it was the otters splashing around but it wasn't.  When I got home and examined the photos, the tell-tale black mask of a raccoon was visible.  The photos were super crappy so I'm not posting them. 

Just before I left for the night, I heard a crashing commotion through the cattails.  Eventually, two does emerged.  Too dark for a photo but fun to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment