Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I saw a Red Dragonfly

I had to work a bit more than usual to get this shot of a red dragonfly at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. I straddled the bridge railing, leaned out and maneuvered to get it in focus. The 300mm f4 focuses at 12 feet so it was tricky.

I also saw a goldfinch tearing apart the spotted knapweed looking for seeds.

Finch Busting Knapweed DSC_4422

And I got an interesting close-up (cropped) of another dragonfly. Fill flash worked out great.

Happy Dragonfly DSC_4416

Saw the Swan family again. The cygnet still looks healthy and is getting bigger. Saw one common loon fly over and one of the adult osprey.

BTW: Yesterday, I heard that one of the two young osprey likely got predated. The other one looks healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment