Sunday, October 16, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I saw a Buck Leaping

I made it out to the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area for sunrise this morning. For the first half hour, there wasn't much going on. I could heard eastern bluebirds, song sparrows and American robins but they didn't get close enough for a shot. I was getting ready to leave when this buck got up. What you can't see in these shots is that he had a bloody mouth.  I'm not sure why.  I heard his antlers hit the fence so perhaps he scratched his mouth against the sharp fence.  I examined all my shots and didn't see any wounds anywhere else on him. 

He ran back and forth along the fence a couple times and then jumped over the barbed wire fence. I estimate it's about a seven foot leap for this guy.


Buck Leaping DSC_4682

He left a little fur on the wire:

Deer Furr DSC_4696

No comments:

Post a Comment