Saturday, October 15, 2011

At the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area, I see Birds on Barbed-wire

The TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area is surrounded by a chain linked fence that is topped with barbed-wire. I've seen thousands of birds on the wires over the years and I always try to get a good sharp shot...with interesting light...and interesting background.

Here is a slideshow of my best and favorite shots of birds on the barbed-wire at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. I intended to pick the highest quality photographs while also showcasing the diversity of birds that enjoy using the barbed-wire. You'll see a number of interesting birds in this slideshow including, but not limited to: Palm Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Eastern Phoebe, two kinds of Swallows, Eastern Bluebirds, Common Yellowthroat and a Turkey.

Don't forget to click the four arrow-y box like icon in the lower right of the slideshow frame to a full screen view.



Notable birds missing from this collection are: Osprey (I've never seen an osprey on any kind of wire.) Male red-winged blackbird (Can't believe I can't find a shot of that in my archives.) Water Fowl of any kind (Don't think they can hang onto wire with those webbed feet.) Raptors (Haven't see any sort of raptor on wire at the TCAAP WVA.) Blue Jay (They don't land on the wire but do land in the trees.) Cardinal (Don't see many of these around the WVA but I hear them in the area.)

No comments:

Post a Comment