Saturday, May 21, 2011

Previously I saw the TCAAP WVA from the other side of the fence

TCAAPWVA from the Other Side DSC_6310
WVA from the other side
by Mully410 * Images

On Sunday May 15, 2011, I participated in the Urban Bird Festival held by the Saint Paul Audubon Society.  It took place within the Arden Hills Army Training Site (which used to be known as the Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant.)  The shot above was taken from the south west side of Lake Marsden.  The white dot is the purple martin house.  If you look real close, you can see a person standing on the bridge.  It was clear and sunny that day.

During the bird walk, I saw a bunch of interesting things.  We saw a common loon on its nest along with a trumpeter swan on her nest.  I saw my first clay-colored sparrow and got some photos of the Minneapolis and St. Paul skylines from the second tallest hill in Ramsey County. 

Here is a slide show of what I saw that day:

No comments:

Post a Comment