Friday, July 27, 2012

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I Saw a Red-tailed Hawk

When I drove up to the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area tonight, I saw a white spot on the fence that looked out of place. As I walked up, I saw a red-tailed hawk. I quickly but slow and deliberately set my bag down and fired off the shot to the right.

This hawk was very intent on hunting. It would look up at me once in a while but didn't seen disturbed at all so I inched closer.


Red-tailed Hawk_1020.jpg

And a little closer...

Red-tailed Hawk_1123.jpg

And a little closer...

Red-tailed Hawk_1233.jpg

And closer yet...

Red-tailed Hawk_1308.jpg

And it flew off the plunge into the grass on a hunt...but I didn't get any shots of that...yet. It landed on the bluebird house...

Red-tailed Hawk_1326.jpg

Then it flew up to the top of the oak tree...

Red-tailed Hawk_1494.jpg

Then plunged back into the same spot of grass...but I don't think it was successful...

Red-tailed Hawk_1729.jpg

a little preening in the dead tree...

Red-tailed Hawk_1751.jpg

None of these shots are cropped. All were shot with the D7000 and Nikkor 500mm f4 with TC1.4eII

No comments:

Post a Comment