Monday, March 19, 2012

Previously Near the TCAAP WVA, I Saw a Chickadee on Cattail

If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you know that black-capped chickadees are my favorite bird. I love how they travel in purposeful groups and work an area and move on. They are very quick, never staying on a perch for more than a few seconds.

Last weekend, I got to photograph some on cattails. I was staked out on the edge of Lake Marsden when a group of 4 chickadees came through.  Most of the cattails in front of me were already in the afternoon shade so I focused on the spots that still had sunlight and waited.

This chickadee worked over a half a dozen cattails. I wonder if it found food or if it was looking for soft material for a nest.

Chickadee on Cattail-0936.jpg

Chickadee on Cattail-0914.jpg

2 comments: