Thursday, March 22, 2012

Previously Near the TCAAP WVA, I Made a Cover Photo

Swift House DSC_1540 by Mully410 * Images

Swift House DSC_1540, a photo by Mully410 * Images on Flickr.
(cross post from my other blog)

This photo was selected for the cover of the Minnesota National Guard - Camp Ripley Training Center and Arden Hills Army Training Site - 2011 Conservation Program Report. It's my first cover.



I donated the photo to the guard last year. My guard friend, Mary, said that photos from Camp Ripley usually get selected. This cover is a little bit more special because I made the photo at the Arden Hills Army Training Site.



It's a chimney swift house. From allaboutbirds.org

A "flying cigar," the Chimney Swift is rarely seen perched. Its high-pitched twittering is a familiar sound during summertime in the city as it flies high above, catching small flying insects.
The swifts fly into the top and nest inside somehow...just like a chimney.

No comments:

Post a Comment