Friday, February 24, 2012

Previously at the TCAAP WVA, I Saw a Dragonfly on Mullein

I've been thinking about a getting a Nikkor Micro (aka macro) lens for a while so I can get more close up bug shots. So far, I've always been able to talk myself out of it. I shoot wildlife, mostly birds, and just don't want to lug another lens around and I surely don't want to take the big glass of the camera...that's when all the cool wildlife shots happen. ;-)

Besides, I think I do pretty well with what I have. I used the old Nikkor 300mm f4 AF-ED for this shot. It's cropped quite a bit because the closest focus distance of that lens doesn't allow me to get very close. On the other hand, if I had had a micro/macro lens, I never would have made this shot because the dragonfly would have flow way before I got close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment