Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hoar Frost at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area

Fog was predicted for Saturday February 4, 2011 so I headed out to the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area with all my gear. We had spectacular hoar frost. Some of it was over an inch long.

I started out with the tripod and the Nikkor 10-24mm to get some wide environment context photos. Then I moved to the Nikkor 70-300mm for some tighter landscapes and close up before pulling out the Nikkor 500mm f4. I shot the 500 with and without the TC1.4eII.




After about three hours, I headed home and ended up shooting birds in my backyard for a while. The chickadee (not on the barbed-wire), the American tree sparrow and the grackle are all from my backyard.


Here is a slideshow. Click the four arrow like icon in the lower right for a full screen view of these 19 photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment