Friday, April 20, 2012

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I Saw an Osprey Landing

This was the first day this year that I saw two osprey on the nesting pole across the lake at the TCAAP Wildlife Viewing Area. I'm usually looking east across Lexington Avenue in the afternoon because the light is better when the birds fly over from Turtle Lake. Tonight was no different but I happened to turn around when this raptor was skimming the lake and eventually landed on the dead tree.

I had the camera trained on this bird while hoping to get a nice take-off shot when I heard an osprey squawk behind me. I whirled around, nearly getting tangled in my tripod and managed to get this shot below. Had I noticed it a few seconds early, I would have had much better light.

Osprey and Fish 5287-.jpg

I didn't get a great take-off shot but I did get one of its pre-flight maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment