Sunday, December 18, 2011

Today at the TCAAP WVA, I was in the AHATS again

Coyote DSC_1609 by Mully410 * Images
Coyote DSC_1609, a photo by Mully410 * Images on Flickr.
Today, I was in the Arden Hills Army Training Site (AHATS) from before sunrise until after sunset. I spent the entire time mostly planning how to get photos of the local coyotes.

I saw lots of birds: cedar waxwings, a northern shrike, red-tailed hawk, a nuthatch a great horned owl, a fluffy blue jay, a couple bald eagles, tons of ducks and some Canada Geese. Saw a couple does and a couple bucks.

Finally, around 2pm we hiked out to the rim of the big gravel pit. On the way, I saw a shadow moving quickly through the grass. No shot. I figured that was all we'd see but my friend quickly spotted this guy/gal. I got about 10 shots off. It never stopped running and didn't look at me. Maybe next time.

We saw another one a few minutes later but it was at the bottom of the gravel pit in a dark shadows so no shot.

Here a couple more shots:
Coyote DSC_1600

Coyote DSC_1606

Coyote DSC_1608

No comments:

Post a Comment