Monday, November 19, 2012

Nowhere Near the TCAAP WVA

Gull_46957.jpg by Mully410 * Images
Gull_46957.jpg, a photo by Mully410 * Images on Flickr.
Sorry for the hiatus from the TCAAP WVA. I've been indisposed intermittently for last couple months.

Over the weekend, the weather was in the 50Fs so I headed out to the Minnesota River Valley National Wildlife Refuge. It had been more the two months since I had a full day of shooting and hadn't yet put the D4 its paces so I went out in search of gulls. The gulls gather in great numbers around the Minnesota River this time of year. Sometimes we've spent hours watching them fish.

I'm not particularly fond of gulls but I don't dislike them. The reason I seek them out is because it's fun and great practice. I don't want to learn how to shoot bald eagles when they're fishing so I practice with gulls, a lot.

While we were watching gulls, this eastern gray squirrel swam the 125-150 yards all the way across the Minnesota river. Weird.


Swimming Squirrel_46892.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment